National Society for Leadership and Success
In the June issue of the NSLS Newsletter, the President of the National Society of Leadership, Charles Knippen, inserted a quote from Andre Jerry, an Atlanta Chapter member."Wisdom is wealth that never diminishes-it only mutiplies" Andre Jerry, Mercer University
We congratulate Andre for his submission and inclusion on the national office’s posting. Wise words from a wise man. If you didn’t receive the emailed newsletter, you can find it at NSLS newsletter.
Dr. Betsy Johnson, Co-Advisor
Dr. John Mason, Co-Advisor
The Society is an organization that helps people discover and achieve their goals. The Society offers life-changing lectures from the nations leading presenters and a community where like-minded success oriented individuals come together and help one another succeed. The Society also serves as a powerful force of good in the greater community by encouraging and organizing action to better the world.
The guiding question we established to shape all the important decisions the organization makes is: "Are we helping the greatest number of people in the greatest way?" When asked how he might sum up the key thing that the Society does, founder Gary Tuerack shared "We are dream supporters – we build leaders, support people in achieving their dreams, and better the world in the process. We get people to ask the all important question 'What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?' and then help them to achieve those goals."
Scholarships and Awards
The National Society of Leadership and Success offers numerous scholarships and grants that are available to our members to provide with financial assistance for higher education.
We build leaders, support people in achieving their dreams, and better the world in the process. The National Society of Leadership and Success Scholarship and Grant program reinforces our drive to build leaders who make a better world. Our vision for this program is to support the next generation of leaders and propel the future careers of those who embody the Society's values.
- Upon filling out the NSLS online application and paying the one-time registration fee, you are considered a pre-inducted member of the Society.
- After you have completed the steps to induction (which requires approximately 12 hours of your time) you will become an inducted member.
What are the membership benefits?
When you join some organizations, the information you receive focuses on the material, tangible benefits you receive from membership.
Tangible benefits include:
- Online resources on the NSLS website,
- Customized letters of recommendation for prospective employers or graduate schools,
- Graduation accessories that you may purchase and wear at graduation
- Access to exclusive scholarships and awards,
- Success Coaches
- The Society's entire Keynote speaker series.
- NSLS customized T-shirt
- NSLS official certificate
- Other membership goods are available
The intangible benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Improved self-esteem
- Peer leadership skills
- Sustainable motivation and drive
- Paradigms that will help you discover and achieve your dreams
- Real world skills that will help you outperform your peers in the workplace
- An enviable network of colleagues
For a full list and explanation of NSLS membership benefits please click here.
How do I order the Honors Stole and Cords for graduation?
To be eligible to order our Honors Stole and Cords for graduation you need to have completed all of your membership steps and have received credit for them online. To check the status of your membership please login to the Members Area and click on the Membership Status Icon.
To order the Honors Stole and Cords please visit our Online Store at shop. Honor cords will be given to inducted members at the Induction Ceremony or at graduation.
For more information on NSLS and membership, contact the Office of Career Management at (678) 547-6023 or visit http://www.societyleadership.org/