Stand Tall during moments that matter most
Stay Tuned: Assess Risks in the Environment (STARE)
You’ve had a lot to drink; can I get you a safe ride home?
· ___ plans to ‘get lucky’ tonight; let’s keep a close eye on ___.
Lend Stay Tuned: Your Support / Be Attentive to Identified Needs
· I’m concerned about that bruise; are you alright?
· You said you’re drinking to forget . . . Let’s talk about it.
Encourage Safe, Positive Options / Available Resources
· You’re so stressed; did you call the counselor/resource center?
Utilize Others’ Help / Alert Them to Your Intentions
· ___is hitting on ___; will you help me create a distraction?
Take Action / Indirect, Direct, Distraction, Combination
· Have you considered that comment might be offensive?
· __’s showing you a lot of unwelcome attention; need help?
· Excuse me, I’m going to have to ask you to leave __ alone.
Help! Escalate to Authority, as Indicated
· Hey, bartender/bouncer, something needs to happen here!· I don't like where this is headed: Call 911 Emergency!